Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

My Ford 555D has very little power while driving; however,

Customer Question
My Ford 555D has...

My Ford 555D has very little power while driving; however, the hydraulic bucket and hoe are still powerful enough to lift the machine off the ground. I just changed the filters, screens, and the hydraulic fluid. Any ideas? I tested the parking break and the manual breaks, both of them disengage.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

It's a Ford 555D from 1993. Let me go grab the serial number

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Construction Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

Serial number is ***** 555D 18-046 backhoe That's all I've got

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Answered in 1 day by:
5/3/2021
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 1 year ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Did you change the fuel filters, and blowback into the tank outlet line from the filter line? Sounds like the engine has enough power to work the hydraulics, but not enough for full horsepower when needed.