Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I’m working on a 585E case forklift rebuilding one of the…

Customer Question
I’m working on a 585E...
I’m working on a 585E case forklift rebuilding one of the two cylinders that raise and lower the forks I’ve taken the retaining ring off the end of the rod there’s a brass spacer and a rubber seal next in there is another piece in there still not sure how to get that out I bumped it with the piston pulling the rod out of the cylinder and it won’t come free any information on how to get this cylinder apart?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
4/30/2021
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 1 year ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Case parts manual shows various lift cylinders, all look to use a gland nut.? Do you have the cylinder apart by now? Can you attach a picture of what you have? Do you know lift height and is this a single stage lift cylinder?