Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

My Terex TX 760 Backhoe will drive backwards, but not

My Terex TX 760...

My Terex TX 760 Backhoe will drive backwards, but not forward. Quit driving forward. What is the problem with it?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Model is TX 760

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Serial #:SMFB44TR027CM6634

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Equipment Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

No that's all. Won't drive forward

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
My Terex TX 760 stopped driving forward, but drives backwards
Answered in 1 day by:
4/23/2021
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 1 year ago
Dan, Technician

Hi, My name is***** will be glad to try to help. We can follow up as needed on here. Professionals are not employees of the site but users of the site and help on here as time allows depending on their daily schedule.Sorry to hear you're having these troubles with your machine and I see you have been waiting some time for some advice on this. This problem very well could be electrical or it could be mechanical within the transmission. With the ignition switch in the on position, use your voltage tester to probe the top two metal tabs of each fuse, replacing any fuse with power only on one side. Swap your relays one at a time with a known good one for testing purposes if you do not have an actual relay tester. If no shorts or problems are detected with your fuses and relays, verify power in and out of the transmission shift control lever for your forward and reverse. It is not uncommon for the shift levers to where since they get so much use. Thoroughly inspect the wiring and connector pins between the shift lever in your transmission shift solenoids for any open circuits or shorts. If this checks out okay, verify your oil level is within operating range, and check for any dark or discolored oil as well as any metal or debris within the oil or filter that would flag or confirm internal mechanical problems existing within the transmission that would require disassembly for further inspection for repair or rebuild. If this is clean and the shift lever checks out okay sending power to the control valve solenoids, have your transmission pressures tested and confirmed whether or not they are within the OEM specifications for your machines model and serial number service book. This will also tell you if there is any pressures that might be dropping off confirming excessive internal leakage within the transmission. I hope you find this information helpful. Reply back with the results of these checks if any further help is needed. It is a pleasure to help anyway I can.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ThanksThanks. Will let you know if I still need help

You are very welcome.

Dan, Technician