Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a 1986 Deere 310c backhoe - the loader control jammed…

Customer Question
I have a 1986...

I have a 1986 John Deere 310c backhoe - the loader control jammed up a couple of weeks back, I was able to lift the valve and free it up. That problem went away. Today the backhoe control also jammed. I played with the balance and was able to free it. Now the control doesn’t go back to the neutral position and the control feels notchy. I’ve had an issue with water getting into the hydraulic system, and recently changed all the hydraulic fluid. If this a fluid issue, does the backhoe valve assembly need to be taken apart, or will wit eventually go back to normal like the loader control valve did a couple of weeks back?

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

You

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
4/19/2021
Mechanic: Heavy Equipment Tech, Heavy equipment mechanic replied 1 year ago
Heavy Equipment Tech
Heavy Equipment Tech, Heavy equipment mechanic

Hi, I'm Jason from the expert team, I will do my best to help you! Professionals are not employees of the site, but users of the site and help on here as time allows depending on their daily schedule. Sorry to hear you're having these troubles. My work schedule is 5am to 8 am and 5pm to 10 pm monday to friday. Your question is as important to us as it is important to you. The functions that your joystick do, insidd the bodyvalve, you have spring that made the joystick return to their neutral position, so you will have to disassembly your bodyvalve to change the springs.