Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I sent in a question yesterday about my skid steer and paid…

Customer Question
I sent in a...

I sent in a question yesterday about my skid steer and paid the fee and never received the answer or any help

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

It’s a Takeuchi tl150

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

I changed both hydraulic filters and the fluid . The inline filter was blown shut like squished togther

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Construction Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

I sent this info to them yesterday and was told the same thing that a mechanic would get back to me but heard nothing back

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
4/13/2021
Mechanic: TomcM28, Owner replied 1 year ago
TomcM28
TomcM28, Owner

Hello, welcome to Just Answer. My name is*****'d like to help you today. I'm a user on here just like you, I come on to help when time allows. I'm sorry you're having trouble with your Takeuchi, I'll do my best to work with you toward a solution.

What is your question regarding your Takeuchi TL150? Why the filter was collapsed or something else?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The travel is good , the lift seems fine but it won’t curl under load . When the bucket is empty it seems ok but any kind of weight in it it won’t curl and sometimes will stay curled down until I reverse and curl up at the same timeI changed the fluid and both filters and no change . That’s when I found the line filter had been sucked together .

Thank you for the reply. I would start by doing a cylinder bypass test. Remove the bucket and curl all the way back. Remove the lines to fixed cylinder end and while curling there should be no oil flow from the cylinder. If there is, the cylinder(s) need to be rebuilt. Let me know what you find out and we'll go from there.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the cylinder should be in all the way not extended right ? Do I do the same for both sides ?

All the way in. Yes, leave cylinders on machine. You are only disconnecting the hydraulic line at the fixed end of both cylinders.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok I will keep you posted .Once I remove the lines should I start the machine and check for oil leaks when curling

Yes sir

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok I’m home now so will try what you said . Which line is the fixed one on the cylinder

The end of the cylinder that doesn’t have the shiny rod coming out of it.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have 2 lines at the top of the cylinder and one that end by the piston

There are only two lines per cylinder. It’s not the one that attaches to the hard steel pipe.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok I was looking at the one that goes to the bottom of the cylinder that is the hard steel pipe . Do I take off one line on each cylinder at the same time or do one then the otherOk I took that line off one cylinder and the fluid poured out of the line when I used the hydraulicsI took that line off each cylinder and the oil poured out of each of the hoses .As soon as I started the engine both lines poured oil out without using the hydraulics

Take both lines off.

Oh sorry. I didn’t see your last message.

Ok. I’m gonna have to grab a hydraulic schematic for that tomorrow.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok sounds good

You should be able to plug those lines

You will need steel caps

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I can try and find something to cap them . Thanks for the help

Ok. Yo

You’re welcome

Good morning, I miss spoke yesterday. You will need to remove the lines at the rod end to test the curl function. Remove and cap the lines that attach to the steel pipes on the bucket cylinders. Apologize for the confusion.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I think I found the problem . I talked to a buddy that works on these things and I did a heat test and one cylinder was 20 degrees hotter

Could be a weak injector in that hole.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
How could I check that . I called around for cylinder kits but no one in my area has any so they have to come from Takeuchi direct .No need to reply to the other thread

You would have to remove it and have it tested.

I believe I responded to this thread with the wrong answer last week. I apologize.

A heat difference between the two cylinders most likely mean internal leakage on the warmer cylinder. The warmer cylinder probably needs to be rebuilt. Sometimes you can google the seal kit part number and find it through another source. A good hydraulic shop may have the seal in stock as well.

I hope this information helps, please let me know if you need anything else. Thank you for choosing Just Answer!