Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Gday. S160 traction light wont go out when i press the park…

Customer Question
Gday. S160 traction light...

Gday. S160 traction light wont go out when i press the park switch. Park switch red light does. Hydraulics work but stalls if i try to move it. Says on here to move back but im on my trailer backed up to toolbox. Any ideas?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Bobcat ingasol rand S160 2008 model but i havent spotted the serial plate yet

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Construction Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

No thats all thankyou

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
4/13/2021
Mechanic: Fieldtech59, Shop manager replied 1 year ago
Fieldtech59
Fieldtech59, Shop manager

Greetings. If you have a machine backed up firm against an object, such as your tool box, and engage the parking brake, it is entirely possible that when the parking brake pawl engaged in the brake disks that it's now under tension and can't release unless you back up just slightly. If that's the case, if you have a chain and a ratchet binder you could hook it up to the machine and somewhere at the rear of the trailer and use the ratchet binder to drag it slightly to the rear of the trailer to give you some relief to release the brake. If that doesn't work, listen for three short beeps from the alarm which indicates a fault and to then check fault codes. Let me know what you find.