Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I had asked a question about a used New Holland L553 skid…

I had asked a question...
I had asked a question about a used New Holland L553 skid steer I had recently purchased that has a slow boom.You gave me some excellent advise and mentioned about checking the relief valve cartridge. You said a sticking relief valve cartridge could also cause a bypass of pressure. I see the Check Valve & Relief Valve schematic but the schematic I have doesn't show where in the hydraulic system it is located or how to get to it to change it out. It does say that it is not adjustable so if it is malfunctioning, replacement is the only option. I'm just not sure how to get to it to remove it and replace it.
4/11/2021
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 1 year ago
Dan, Technician

Hi, My name is***** will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here. Professionals are not employees of the site but users of the site and help on here as time allows depending on their daily schedule. Thank you for your follow-up question. It is greatly appreciated. If you click on the links I have provided below it will allow you complete access to the parts catalog with all of your diagrams and part numbers to use as reference when troubleshooting this hydraulic system. You will also see that there is a flow control valve in the circuit as well that you will want to inspect internally. You will also see that your relief valve and check valves are listed right in the index. Be sure to check your main control valve parts breakdown as well. This will help guide and direct you when removing any plugs or components on the control valves in order to inspect them for any trash and debris as well as any scoring or damage, or damaged O-rings within your valves and components that would cause a restriction of flow through the hydraulic system. There are multiple potential causes as I had mentioned so it's going to take a little bit of time to do some investigation and a little bit of disassembly for inspection in order to help further isolate this. It would be a good idea to make sure there is no major component failure first and foremost that could contaminate the complete hydraulic system by inspecting your filter and suction screen for fine metal. If all this is clean, pressure and flow testing would be a good step to take if nothing is found within the valves or components and your filter.

Click on this link:

https://www.mycnhistore.com/us/en/newhollandag/light-equipment/skid-steer-loaders/l/skid-steer-loader/no-description/cn/3009AD4F-E6BE-E111-9FCE-005056875BD6_No_D_No_Description?pagination=2

or

Click on this link.

https://www.mycnhistore.com/us/en/newhollandag

I hope you find this information helpful. Reply back with the results of these checks if any further help is needed. It is a pleasure to help anyway I can.

Dan, Technician