Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Yeah my Deere 320 Skid Steer will not start what do lines…

Customer Question
Yeah my John Deere...

Yeah my John Deere 320 Skid Steer will not start what do lines and Prime dip but no resistance on the primer

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

It's a 320 John Deere skid steer omt205050

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

I bled it add pump primer no resistance on the primer to the pump

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Equipment Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

No I think that's about it

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
3/29/2021
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 1 year ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

No resistance at the primer means you have a vacuum leak before the primer and between the tank and the primer. The system up to the primer has to be vacuum-tight. After primer, the fuel is under pressure and would show as a leak. You can test by making a test line from primer inlet into a fuel container.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
we had it started a couple days ago and it started up and died right out I bled the lines where there's no air coming out to the primer and I don't see no leaks here for the vacuum leak but I primed it and it still won't startCould the water separator be the problem the filtering mean

If it is plugged or sucking air.