Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a very important situation that I need to have my…

Customer Question
I have a very important...
I have a very important situation that I need to have my bobcat T6 50 towed. The tow truck is a flatbed with a winch and it needs to be Winston. I need to identify where the hydraulic lines are or the release area for the drive motor so when the Bobcat is being loaded onto the flatbed that there is no damage done to the hydraulics. Here is the information on the Bobcat
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/28/2021
Mechanic: Fieldtech59, Shop manager replied 1 year ago
Fieldtech59
Fieldtech59, Shop manager

Greetings. Unfortunately the way Bobcat machines are designed there's no way to make the drive system "free wheel". On the track loaders the brakes in the drive motors are spring applied, it takes hydraulic pressure to release the brakes. But even if you could apply pressure to release the brakes the drive motors still won't free wheel as the drive pumps would restrict that. You're pretty much going to have to skid the tracks onto the flat bed using the winch and then drag it off when you get to your destination. Will the machine start and run at all?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
We got that done, yes the machine will start but then it turns off after 45 seconds there’s something electrical going on in the main panels because both of them will not work something with the ISO code 7404 it started with something that needed to be recalibrated and I got a feeling it’s just some electrical box a controller that went bad any ideas

Hmm, code 7404 is showing up on my code chart, not sure what that is. If you have an ACS or SJC machine, I'm not real familiar with troubleshooting them, I have more experience with standard control machines

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I ended up taking it to the shop it’s definitely something with the electrical system we pressure washed it pretty good and some water might’ve gotten in one of the electrical things more than likely not 100% sure but will find out here in a couple days

Yep, that's possible. I hope you get it sorted out. Cheers.