Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Have a 1982 mc100 Poclain tracked excavator drive motors…

Customer Question
Have a 1982 mc100...

Have a 1982 mc100 Poclain tracked excavator drive motors will hardly turn tracks-any pressure adjustments-did not get a service manual, all I know is they were bought out by case

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

It was given to me and is 135 miles off the road in western Alaska I was told it was a mcl100 model built in 1982 is all the information I have

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Equipment Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

Machine runs, digs and swings fine, just hard traveling, was pulled up on pad with bucket to park

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
3/25/2021
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 1 year ago
Dan, Technician

Hi, My name is***** will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here. Professionals are not employees of the site but users of the site and help on here as time allows depending on their daily schedule.Sorry to hear you're having these troubles with this machine. If all of your upper functions are operating normal with full power and speed, but only travel functions are affected with the symptoms, nine times out of 10, failed Rotary manifold seals within the Rotary manifold are the cause and commonly misdiagnosed for a faulty travel motor. Resealing the Rotary manifold is actually part of the troubleshooting process. The Rotary manifold is below the base of the boom where your travel lines connect to the top part of the manifold and then come out the lower section down your track frames to supply pressure and flow to your drive motors and allowing 360° swing. When these seals bypass internally, it causes a loss of flow and pressure to your drive motors. You will also want to look inside your hydraulic filter for anything that looks like fine metal or glitter in the oil and filter that would flag a potential component failure existing within the hydraulic system. Reseal your Rotary manifold first as it is a common wear item on excavators. I hope you find this information helpful. Reply back with the results of these checks if any further help is needed. It is a pleasure to help anyway I can.