Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a cat th350b that won’t go into gear, code coming up…

Customer Question
I have a cat...

I have a cat th350b that won’t go into gear, code coming up is 0271 05, any help wound be great

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Catth350esld01138

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, nothing yet

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
3/24/2021
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 1 year ago
Dan, Technician

Hi, My name is***** will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here. Professionals are not employees of the site but users of the site and help on here as time allows depending on their daily schedule.Sorry to hear you're having these troubles with this machine. Be sure to check all of your fuses and relays.. Verify that your parking brake switch and electrical circuit is also functioning properly and releasing in order to allow the transmission to shift. Verify continuity or voltage in and out of your shift control in each gear position to check for a possible failed shift control lever. It is not uncommon for these shift levers to fail. Thoroughly inspect the wiring harness and connector pins between your shift lever and your ECM as well as the transmission shift solenoid's for any type of corrosion or damage that would cause an open circuit or a short. Click on the link below for a diagram to use as reference when checking out the circuit. It would also be a good idea to have Caterpillar electronic technician connected to the machine so you can verify whether or not the shift controller is appropriately shifting in each gear position or if you may have a software related problem requiring a reflash of the ECM software and recalibration. I hope you find this information helpful. Reply back with the results of these checks if any further help is needed. It is a pleasure to help anyway I can.

0271 Action alarm
05 "Current below normal or open circuit"