Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I gotta 2005 Bobcat A300 (PIN) 526412027, I loaded it on my…

Customer Question
I gotta 2005 Bobcat...

I gotta 2005 Bobcat A300 (PIN)###-##-#### I loaded it on my trailer headed for a job. When I arrive i jump in cab and press the yellow run/enter button{keyless control panel) and nothing happens. No digital display on the screen, no back light, no beep, no nothing from either panels(right side or left side BICS)...like someone stole my battery on the way to the job...I finally pulled the wiring harness off the back of the right panel and tested the plug. I put a jumper wire from wire 9350 to the red and white power wire and got a 34-04(deluxe panel no communication to bobcat controller code). This jumper wire also enabled me to start and operate the loader...I know this isnt proper operating procedure so i need to fix whatevers wrong. I have checked the power coming from battery to mega fuse and all is good. what do i need to do?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

I gotta 2005 Bobcat A300 (PIN)###-##-####

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
3/20/2021
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 1 year ago
Dan, Technician

Hi, My name is***** will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here. Professionals are not employees of the site but users of the site and help on here as time allows depending on their daily schedule. Sorry to hear you're having these troubles with your machine. If your main fuse or mega fuse checks out okay and you have power going to your ignition circuit, I would do a thorough inspection on your wiring harness and connector pins for any corrosion or damage that would cause an open circuit or a short within the wiring harness if you are 100% certain that all of your fuses and relays check out okay. If the wiring harness in your power and grounds check out good, it is also very possible that you could have a problem that is software related or with the control panel itself. It sounds like you have already confirmed that this is a loss of power to the panel if you are able to get the panel to power up. I recommend taking a very close look at that wiring harness if there are no blown fuses for any open circuits. I hope you find this information helpful. Reply back with the results of these checks if any further help is needed. It is a pleasure to help anyway I can.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
can I speak with you on the phone please

I am not available for phone calls but there are other professionals on the site that may be available for a phone call if you were to set up a phone call request for them to be able to accept if they are available.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'm not sure about the ignition circuit. I know I put a jumper wire from wire # 9350(run/enter) switch to wire #1220 (protected power). when I did this the diagnostic code 34-04(deluxe panel no communication to bobcat controller). I had power to both panels now and I could start and operate the loader at this point. it wood not shut off when I hit the stop button. I had to pull the connector loose from the back of the panel to get it to cut off.

If all of your fuses and relays check out okay, I would test for power in and out of your ignition switch circuit and thoroughly inspect the wiring within your ignition circuit. This could be a potential failed wiring harness within that circuit. Access and inspect the wiring and connector pins for any type of corrosion or damage.