Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have an older model 5625 SL and it just started blowing…

I have an older...

I have an older model 5625 SL and it just started blowing the oil filter either all the way off enough so I lost most of the oil in under a minute. I went and got a new filter thinking the thread might be screwed up but it didn`t help. I tried to order just the shaft the the filter screwed on to but they said it wasn`t available so I would need the new kit but that is $340 and if that would fiz it I would gladly pay that but I need to be sure that will work...Thanks.. Rod

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Model # SL5625 and serial # 10963

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Construction Mechanic to know before I connect you?

I don`t think so

3/7/2021
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 1 year ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hello! Let's see if we can work together and come to a satisfactory conclusion!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks

What is the engine make and model? There should be a pressure relief valve in the oil filter adapter. Remove it and be sure the valve and spring are free and not damaged. It is there to keep pressure from blowing up the oil filter with too much pressure, usually only opens when oil is cold and pressure is high. I can call now if you still want me to.

Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok
Phone call session started

Thank you!