Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Which lines would I switch on a Massey B2720 backhoe to

Customer Question
Which lines would I...

Which lines would I switch on a Massey B2720 backhoe to switch the boom and stick to opposite sides

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Gc1723 AG3MGC230LKR14240 in tractor. The hoe is a BC2720

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Trying. Haven’t swapped anything yet. The # on hoe *****************

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
3/4/2021
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 1 year ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hello! Let's see if we can work together and come to a satisfactory conclusion!

Each function has two hoses, just under the operating lever, just swap the two from the boom and stick. If the function is backward, swap the bottom hioe with the top hose.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The two sticks have 4 hoses each. The two outriggers have 2

You have joystick control, you just need to identify the two hoses for the two functions, and swap them, there are only two hoses for each function. Are both functions on one joystick?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The left stick is boom and side by side. The right is stick and bucket.
I need boom to right and stick on left

Follow the two hoses from the cylinder back to the valve body for both functions, which will identify the hoses at the valve body, then remove them and swap.