Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

How to identify my jcb backhoe. Having issues finding it.

Customer Question
How to identify my...

How to identify my jcb backhoe

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Having issues finding it. The number stamped on the tag is -. 17BT4097/330270/7

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

This is also on the tag. LJ167839P

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
2/14/2021
Mechanic: TomcM28, Owner replied 1 year ago
TomcM28
TomcM28, Owner
Hello my name is ***** ***** I’d like to help you. Thanks for choosing Just Answer.
SERIAL NUMBER JCB BACKHOE VIN Number Location: On the right or left side of cab depending on model, just above cylinder arm, same location as Caterpillar. The last 6 of the VIN may be stamped in a red box on the curb side of the frame of the machine just under the engine compartment opening.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi, mine does not have that in that location. Here are some of the numbers on the frame tag- LJ167839P17BT4097 / 330270 / 7
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Customer attachment 2/14/2021 6:07:19 PM
38974b42-c914-4169-9db3...jpeg38974b...jpegfd8aa741-4644-4bdd-84fb...jpegfd8aa7...jpegb2c9833d-3e0f-4112-a177...jpegb2c983...jpeg5f6fc2ed-b482-44cb-96d7...jpeg5f6fc2...jpeg
What are the locations of those tags. There is nothing coming up on any of those numbers.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
First picture is on top of right front frame rail. The second is from top left of the cab. The last two are on same tag on side of right frame rail
Second is cab number. I have to do some digging on this one. It may take a bit, I appreciate your patience in advance.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No problem!
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Any luck?

17BT40971/330270/7 is definitely the serial number. But i cannot decode until tomorrow.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok no worries!

Thanks for you patience

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No problem!

Good morning, I have a little more information for you.

Your machine was built July 1, 1987.

Model: 4D1700B-4

Engine #: LD50223U/167839P

Machine serial number: 330270

Specifications: 1700B-4WD(###) ###-####0337000 9802/8600

I hope this information helps. Thank you for using Just Answer!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
That's very helpful! Thank you!
You’re very welcome!