Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

763 bobcat c series started it this morning ran fine for…

Customer Question
763 bobcat c series...

763 bobcat c series started it this morning ran fine for coupe min then acted like it was running out of fuel but it full of fuel now it will hit but not run gettng smoke out exhaust

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Coupe?

96 bobcat 763

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
2/9/2021
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 1 year ago
Dan, Technician

Hi, My name is***** will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here. Professionals are not employees of the site but users of the site and help on here as time allows depending on their daily schedule.Sorry to hear you're having these troubles with your Bobcat machine. Check your suction line and fuel primer between the fuel tank and fuel pump. It is not uncommon for these primer pumps to fail over time.Remove your existing fuel and empty it into a clear container to look for contamination of the fuel while replacing your fuel filter. Re-prime the fuel system and if you have confirmed good fuel supply to the injection pump, verify that the fuel shut off is functioning properly at the injection pump. Crack loose the injector lines while cranking to monitor fuel delivery. You should expect to see fuel spray out of the injector lines while cranking. If you have very little fuel delivery and fuel is just barely trickling out, it's an indication of a worn out injection pump that is in need of rebuild or replacement.I hope you find this information helpful. Reply back with the results of these checks if any further help is needed. It is a pleasure to help anyway I can.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I just bought it last week ran it about a hr before i bought it ran fine went to unhook backhoe attachment this morning and it started fine and just died checked fuel it was full but it had been rareley used for a few tears prir to me buying

Thank you for the update. I would check the things I have mentioned to verify that you have good fuel supply to the injection pump. Then further check your fuel shutoff and for fuel delivery from the injector lines.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ty

You are welcome.