Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Cub Cadet model 7260 has a inline 40a fuse off the starter…

Cub Cadet model 7260...

Cub Cadet model 7260 has a inline 40a fuse off the starter side of the solenoid that blows the fuse. cranks but will not start.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you know the model of your Cub Cadet tool or machine? How old is it?

Cub Cadet 7260 2007

Mechanic's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Cub Cadet? What have you tried so far?

Just happened yesterday. Solenoid was locked pulled in and starter was running continuously. pulled the battery cable to stop it. Then when reconnect the battery the fuse blew. Checked all grounds good, voltage good at alternator and hot side of solenoid. continuity to ground on the load side of the blown fuse (#14 green with red stripe). Voltage to ignition switch is good 12V and the inline fuse that feeds the ignition from the hot side of the starter is good. 12v power to fuel pump.

Answered in 1 hour by:
2/9/2021
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 1 year ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hello! Let's see if we can work together and come to a satisfactory conclusion!

Check the fuel shutoff solenoid, the internal coil may be sj

shorted. Located to the left end of the injection pump.

Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you for your response. I had given up. If I open the plug to the fuel shutoff - The wires from the shutoff are all not reading anything. The wires coming from the harness to the fuel shutoff give me red-12v, black ground, green w/red stripe nothing (because this is the one that blows the inline fuse at the solenoid). I was looking for a ground reading from one of the wires coming from the fuel shutoff switch, but no. I am going to go through and check all of my ground connections to be sure they are good. I am not getting consistent ground readings when touching a bott in the transmission casing.
Phone call session started

MA-30A87-00094 Solenoid. Thanks!