Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

How do fix problem with a cat skid steer catalyst reagent…

How do fix problem...

How do fix problem with a cat skid steer catalyst reagent concentration low moderate severity no power

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

299d3 catapiller 2020 modle

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes

2/9/2021
Mechanic: catmastertech, Technician replied 1 year ago
catmastertech
catmastertech, Technician

Hey, sorry to hear you are having these problems. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get you back to work quickly.

Please note that I am not set up for phone calls, you can ignore the site pop-ups. We can post to this chat as much as you like to work through this issue. All experts are not employees, and we work from home in our spare time to answer questions.

Please post the complete model and serial number (PIN) so I can research the correct information to help you.

That code is either your DEF is weak or the sensor has failed.

If you have already replaced the DEF with a fresh fill of a known good quality DEF, the engine may clear the code after it runs for several minutes.

If the new DEF did not fix this issue, you may need you dealer to check the sensor and perform a RESET to unlock the codes.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Where is the sensor

It is part of the manifold that contains the coolant lines and DEF lines that connect to the tank. Some are replaceable but, some require the manifold to be changed as an assembly.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Serial # BX901273
Modle#299D3Catapiller skid steer
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Can u get me a picture of the part

That code means, DEF concentration data from DEF TANK via CAN is lower than 25% for 350 seconds or more.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Do u take the sensor to the dealership or the whole machine
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Also the def tank is full and we ran the machine a few days any tank still full

Your dealer can come out or you can save the truck charges and take the machine to the shop.

NOTE; These DEF parts have been in short supply, they may need to order it and it could take days to weeks to get a new part. You may need to call and schedule in case you need a rental or loaner.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok I will check with the dealer tomarrow on this will let u know thanks for your help

You're welcome! Glad I could help.

---

Thank you for using JustAnswer, if you do need further help please let me know.

If you are satisfied with my service, please take a moment to provide a rating.

Thanks again, Don

CATMASTERTECH

catmastertech
catmastertech, Technician
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
One more I also have a Takeuchi skid steer Tl12R2 serial####-##-####Has a simuler problem what u think itLight is on and I looked it up say def fluid quality warning

I'm sorry. I don't have any experience with those machines.

The DEF parts are likely the same. If you are seeing this issue on multiple machines, odds are you have bad DEF. Drain the tanks and fill it with good DEF. You may want to purchase a tester as well. The prices are much better now.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok thanks again

You're welcome!

---