Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Cat skip steer hyd fan not working after i replace the fan…

Customer Question
Cat skip steer hyd...

Cat skip steer hyd fan not working after i replace the fan motor

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you had engine trouble before this? Is there a specific trouble code and/or are any warning lights on?

Not before just oil leak from fan motor seal . a light did come on after yellow it look like hyd

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make, model, and year of your car?

Cat 246 not sure year maybe 2000

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?

Does the hyd fan motor need to be primed

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
2/8/2021
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 1 year ago
Dan, Technician

Hi, My name is***** will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here. Professionals are not employees of the site but users of the site and help on here as time allows depending on their daily schedule.Sorry to hear you're having these troubles with your skid steer fan circuit. I can understand how frustrating these problems can be when they arise unexpectedly. If the fan motor is new, I suspect that the most likely problem is going to be within your control valve and bypass valve for your fan circuit, or a problem with the solenoid that engages the fan, or a problem with the wiring harness or temperature sensor/switch circuit. Be sure to check all of your fuses and relays. Also check all of your wiring and connector pins for any type of corrosion or damage within the fan circuit. Verify power to the solenoid on the control valve and check that the solenoid valve is actually functioning properly and free from any metal, damage, or debris that would cause it to stick or malfunction. I hope you find this information helpful. Reply back with the results of these checks if any further help is needed. It is a pleasure to help anyway I can.