Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

How do I release the bucket when it is up in the air. 323 d…

Customer Question
How do I release...

How do I release the bucket when it is up in the air

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

323 d john deere skid steer

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Ok

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes tried to release the bucket but cable is froze Not cold froze just stuck

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Agriculture Mechanic to know before I connect you?

It has a remote start light on sbm cant release the brake

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
2/5/2021
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 1 year ago
Dan, Technician

Hi, My name is***** will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here. Professionals are not employees of the site but users of the site and help on here as time allows depending on their daily schedule.

Boom Release

CAUTION: Prevent possible injury from unexpected boom movement. Never exit machine with boom raised unless boom is resting on boom lock. Boom release mechanism is to be used when boom is in a partially raised position and engine is stopped and will not start.

Manual Controls

1. Close cab door, if equipped. 2. Fasten seat belt. 3. Lower interlocking seat bar. 4. Remove wing screw (1) from cover in lower left corner of cab. Remove cover. 5. Turn key switch to RUN position. Do not start engine. 6. Cycle park brake to middle position. 7. Pull up handle (2) and hold. 8. Actuate boom function: • For Hand and Foot Machine—press down on front of left pedal. • For Hands Only Machine—pivot left control lever towards operator. 9. Lower boom.

EH Controls

1. Close cab door, if equipped. 2. Fasten seat belt. 3. Lower interlocking seat bar. 4. Turn key switch to RUN position. Do not start engine.5. Cycle park brake to middle position. 6. Actuate boom function by moving right joystick forward. 7. Lower boom. If boom does not lower, see your authorized dealer.

If your cable is stuck, I recommend that it be disconnected on the control valve side and you manually shift the valve at the valve and where the cable connects.

I hope you find this information helpful. Reply back with the results of these checks if any further help is needed. It is a pleasure to help anyway I can.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
My boom function cable must be stuck I can't pull up on it
Sir. That is why at the end of my post I said this, If your cable is stuck, I recommend that it be disconnected on the control valve side and you manually shift the valve at the valve and where the cable connects.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Do I have to take the inside panel out to get to it
If it's in the way you will. See if you can get to it better with the operators cab up into the service position.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok thanks I'll do it tomorrow
You're very welcome.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Well I still can't get it got the cable to move about 1/8 of a inch think I'll call John Deere up tomorrow to come fix it
If the cable is seized you are going to have to replace the cable. I completely understand if it is out of your comfort zone and prefer to have the dealer take over.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The cable isn't seized it's the block
Thank you for the update. So you have confirmed that the problem is internal within the block. If that is the case then I agree that it is probably best to let the dealership take over on disassembling that valve block.