Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Hay buddy I have a bobcat 843 and it doesn't rev up, when it…

Customer Question
Hay buddy I have a...
Hay buddy I have a bobcat clark 843 and it doesn't rev up, when it ildes and I sqeeze the primer bulb it will rev up. Would that be the mechanical fuel injection pump be the problem?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
2/4/2021
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 1 year ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! I will try my best to help!

Fuel transfer pump bad, what does it have? An electric pump or a manual pump mounted on the engine?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Alright

Fuel transfer pump bad, what does it have? An electric pump or a manual pump mounted on the engine? What engine does it have?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Has a primer bulb and pump driven off the belt

See if there is any fuel output from the belt-driven pump.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Would I disconnected one of the injectors lines to be able to see that?I see the 4 lines out the pump. What does the black and yellow wire do that go's to the pump

?? That sounds like an electric pump. Can you add a picture?

Your first picture, shows the injection pump, looks like the fuel transfer pump is just below it,

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It has a primer bulb inline to that pump

That pump outlet line goes to the front on the injection pump, on the left end with the banjo bolt? Loosen that line and see if there is fuel there when cranking. You should get fuel there when you use the primer also.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The inlet banjo bolt? From the fuel tank ? It's gets fuel out when primeling the bulb. I have the line front the banjo bolt to the primer to a fuel can right now

It runs when you use the primer, which tells me that the fuel transfer pump is not working. Remove the two fuel lines, and hold your fingers over the two ports while cranking, it should have suction on one side, and pressure on the other. If not the pump needs to be removed and checked, or replaced.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Remove the feed hose and the return line from the pumpThere's a little cover on the side that's got 2 screws. When I took it off it's got a spring in it. Is there a plunger that moves in and out on it too

The mounting has a lever that runs through it, that works the inside diaphragm

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Could I disconnect the 4 lines to the injectors and see if it pumps out fluid when cranking.

No, that is part of the injection pump, the fuel pump is just below or is that the engine oil filter? Where is the primer bulb??

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
That's the oil filter. I have the primer bulb between my gas can and the banjo bolt.

Loosening the injection lines will not help get fuel through the injection pump. That is the primer or transfer pumps job.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It's it's idling and I sqeeze the primer bulb and it idles up what would that indicate

What's between the fuel tank the primer? Using the primer and it idles up, That tells me it's not getting enough fuel.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Yeah the primer bulb is between the fuel tank. And the motor revs up when I sqeeze it couple times like I'm giving it throttle. But when I use the throttle lever it doesn't rev up

Typically this unit would have an electric fuel pump to bring the fuel to the injection pump.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
How can I find out if it had a electric pump from the factory bc I didn't see one. It ran fine. And I filled it up and then let it sit over night and didn't want to start up the next day. Seemed like it was flooded and I cranked and cranked till it started up and then only would idle

Fuel filter clean, and the line from the filter back to the tank clean and tested by blowing back into the tank?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have it on a gas can like it said to start with to bypass all of that

Are you sure there is no electric fuel pump in the fuel line from the tank? With you are using the primer, there is no fuel flow when you quit pumping, and an injection pump will not have a transfer pump.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It ran fine till it sat over night. I'm going to look again. Is there a way to vertify his model had one

Not without a parts manual.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Doesn't show one in the manual. Could it still idle if the injectorion pump shut off is engaged

It should not start if the injection pump shutoff is engaged.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Gotcha. There's no lift pump. I read online that some use one and some use a primer bulb. what's the wire that goes to the mechanical pump that drove off the belt pulley

So still the same problem, getting no fuel to run.