Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a caterpillar d6m lgp 4jn serial. It has mechanical…

Customer Question
I have a caterpillar d6m...
I have a caterpillar d6m lgp 4jn serial. It has mechanical lever 6 way joystick and proportional valve 6E-4950. 3 spool with float. Pump is 3600psi piston.32 gpm
I want to retrofit 24v.electric solinoid proportional valve with electric over hydraulic joystick controler and driver. What do I need exactly?
It has cat data link by the way FYI and no can bus so I'm sure I need some type of driver
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
2/2/2021
Mechanic: catmastertech, Technician replied 1 year ago
catmastertech
catmastertech, Technician

TOPCON has control systems that can bypass the control valve for select blade control functions. I believe Trimble also offers the same setups.

It can be tied to a GPS or automatic laser system for auto-grade control.

What do you plan to do and how many functions are you trying to control?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I realize that. They just have u tap into lines.
I'm trying to run all blade functions with electronic joystick
4 spools up down,right left,tilt, and float

CAT uses a machine ECM for the driver controls to operate the newer machines.

Is that what you are looking for?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Looking for the correct driver for cdl
And wich valve will work

I am sorry, I do not understand your request. I will OPT_OUT so others can see your question.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Cdl is cat data link
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Just want to upgrade mechanical hydraulic functions to electro over hydraulic
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Anyone
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Can someone get back with me