Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have hitachi zx250. 350 it is starting but shutting down…

Customer Question
Hi i have hitachi...

Hi i have hitachi zx250

Mechanic's Assistant: Hi there. How can I help?

350 it is starting but shutting down on its own after 15 min or so i changed the filters

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the year and model of your Ford?

Its excavator 35 ton

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?

ZX350 HITACHI 2013

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
2/2/2021
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 1 year ago
Dan, Technician

Hi, My name is***** will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here. Professionals are not employees of the site but users of the site and help on here as time allows depending on their daily schedule.Sorry to hear you're having these troubles with this machine. I can understand how frustrating this can be when these problems arise unexpectedly. Be sure to check all of your fuses and relays as well as for any leaks or restrictions between your fuel tank and fuel pump on the machine. I see that you have already replaced your fuel filters and it would be a good idea to empty your old fuel filters into a clear container in order to look for contamination of the fuel. If all of this checks out okay, I recommend retrieving your fault codes that are logged within the machines controller memory and history. Once those fault codes are identified, a technician would then know which circuit or circuits have detected a problem that could be causing your shutdown. See if you can get any fault codes out of the monitor panel display to then troubleshoot those fault codes individually. If you are unable to get those codes out of the monitor panel display, I recommend having this machine plugged into the appropriate diagnostic software in order to retrieve all your fault codes and perform the appropriate troubleshooting steps.I hope you find this information helpful. Reply back with the results of these checks and fault code history if any further help is needed. It is a pleasure to help anyway I can.