Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Curtis. I have a Kobelco sk70sr that has the bucket removed…

Customer Question
Hello Curtis. I have...

Hello Curtis. I have a Kobelco sk70sr that has the bucket removed and replaced with a small processor head for thinning pine plantations. Great little machine that works or should i say worked flawlessly. Saturday afternoon I had a hose leaking on the boom so I tracked out parked up shut down and changed it. When I fired back up I have no machine hydrolic functions. The processor head functions properly but I have no blade, no swing, cant go forward or backward. and no boom function. It seems like the safety switch failed but tested it and seems to have power and work correctly. been chasing wires and such for 2 days with no luck. Any Ideas?

Mechanic's Assistant: What have you tried so far? Are you fixing your vehicle yourself?

Yes I am. So far. Checked all fuses, hyd oil level.filters and wires to the controll and pilot pump. All seem fine. Computer threw a 007 code that i tracked to a solinoid on the controll pump and simply un pluged and re pluged in and code went away. did not fix

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?

No

Mechanic's Assistant: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page to join JustAnswer. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Expert about your situation and then connect you two.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Answered in 1 day by:
2/3/2021
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 1 year ago
Dan, Technician

Hi, My name is***** will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here. Professionals are not employees of the site but users of the site and help on here as time allows depending on their daily schedule.Sorry to hear you're having these troubles with your machine. I can understand how frustrating this may be. With your ignition switch in the on position, use a voltage tester to probe the top two metal tabs of each one of your fuses, replacing any fuse with power only on one side. Swap your relays one at a time with a known good one for testing purposes. If all of this checks out okay, take a closer look at your pilot safety switch in your left-hand console and that circuit. Verify continuity of the switch in both the open and closed positions as well as throughout the wiring harness to make sure there are no open circuits or shorts. Verify power to your pilot control solenoid and verify that it's mechanically functioning. If all of this checks out okay, I suspect that since this problem occurred after this hose failure and loss of hydraulic oil, that you could potentially have a pump failure on your hands. Remove your hydraulic filter and inspected internally for what looks like fine metal or glitter in the oil or filter. If this is found, it's an indication of a pump or component failure existing on your machine. If this is clean, I recommend having your flows and pressures tested to confirm they are within OEM specifications for your model and serial number machines service book. This is going to tell you whether or not you have a pump control pressure or pilot pressure related problem, a main pressure pump output problem, a potential control valve spool or relief valve problem, etc. based on the actual pressures in comparison to those covered in your model and serial number machines service book. I would also check your pump drive coupling to make sure that your hydraulic pumps are actually turning at engine RPM. If the pumps were starved for oil even for the slightest amount of time, it doesn't take long for a pump to fail under those conditions unfortunately. I hope you find this information helpful. Reply back with the results of these checks if any further help is needed. It is a pleasure to help anyway I can.