Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Turns in one direction a lot quicker then other replaced…

Turns in one direction...

Turns in one direction a lot quicker then other replaced lines had drive motor checked seal replace and also checked relief valves put back together still slow to react on turn to right Gehl 5625

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Gehl 5625, 8062 is ser#

1/30/2021
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 1 year ago
Dan, Technician

Hi, My name is***** will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here. Professionals are not employees of the site but users of the site and help on here as time allows depending on their daily schedule. Sorry to hear you're having these problems with your machine. I understand this can be frustrating. Check inside your hydraulic filter and oil for fine metal or debris that looks like glitter confirming internal mechanical problems existing. If this is clean, you would have your pressures and flows tested to confirm that the pump output is within OEM specifications for your model and serial number machines service book. If the pump output is within specifications as far as pressures and flow for both pumps, I suspect that there is a problem in the drive motor. Check for excessive case drain pressure on both drive motors to compare sides. Disconnect the case drain hose and run a hose from the case drain port into an empty 5 gallon bucket. Deadhead travel against a loading dock or something equivalent. Engage travel and monitor case drain flow. You should get a low volume of oil from the case drain port. If it comes out under high pressure or volume, that drive motor has excessive internal leakage and is in need of rebuild or replacement. Be sure to compare both sides.I hope you find this information helpful. Reply back with the results of these checks if any further help is needed. It is a pleasure to help anyway I can.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Oil is clean drive motor has been gone throughIs there a way the main pump distributes flow or is it two separate sections in one housing
It's two pumps coupled together. One section of the pump runs one drive motor and the other section runs the other. This is why I suggested to have them flow tested.You could always make some test hoses and swap sides or if you can get the hoses to reach in order to see if the problem moves over to the other side.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hoses where very hard to re connect there's no room to move it seems to me pump section is bad or weak
Having them flow tested is the proper way to check. Flow meters are very expensive as well as the test hoses. For one test it might be worthwhile to have a shop already set up with this in order to have it done if you are going to have it done.
Dan, Technician
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Can section of pump be taken out when in machine

No, that is not recommended at all. The complete assembly needs to go to a dust free rebuild environment for bench service.