Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

2006 Deere 750J Dozer SN 126835 We removed and replaced the…

Customer Question
2006 Deere 750J Dozer...

2006 Deere 750J Dozer SN 126835 We removed and replaced the H

Mechanic's Assistant: When was the last time that was replaced? Do you need help finding the exact parts?

We removed and replaced the hydro pumps to replace the power shaft coupling. Since then it occasionally stop the tracks stop or don't track straight. I believe we need to recalibrate the tracks. Looking for the procedure to do that unless you think there might be another problem?

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make, model, and year of your car?

2006 Deere 750J Dozer SN 126835

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
1/29/2021
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 1 year ago
Dan, Technician

Hi, My name is***** will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here. Professionals are not employees of the site but users of the site and help on here as time allows depending on their daily schedule.

Try this procedure and if unsuccessful, have the dealer recalibrate in Service advisor diagnostic software.

Remove the cover from the transmission TCU which when you are sitting in the seat it is on your left side in the rear.

1 Warm up machine till transmission oil is at least 100 degrees f

2 Make a reference mark next to throttle lever is at 1500 RPMs you will need this during the cal.

3Turn Key Off

4Press and hold decelerator pedal down

Hold CAL button down on TCU and start engine

5Release CAL after engine starts your software number and machine model number will appear after this a P will appear indicating your park lever is in the up locked position

Your Check Service Code Light Will Begin Flashing

6If your sofware number was 600 4E will be flashing on your monitor display wait for it to stop flashing if your software is not 600 disregard this step

7Lower park lever the monitor will flash 4E wait for the 4E to stop flashing

The lever and pedals must be moved slowly trough there entire travel holding at detent or stop until monitor changes

8With engine speed control at low idle remove your foot from the decelerator slowly move the engine speed control to fast idle and hold there till 4E goes out, return throttle lever to low idle.

9The monitor will now display 267

10Press your speed control up then down the 7 will go out

11The monitor will display 26 Slowly move steer lever to the right until the detent is felt do not move past the detent into counter rotate then do the exact same thing to the left the 6 will go out

12Now just a 2 will be on the monitor move throttle control lever to the mark you made at 1500 RPM now slowly move the forward reverse lever fully forward past the detent to the mechanical stop.

13Now the monitor will display 2Lr after 15-70 seconds the left track will move aqnd stop the L will go out next in the same amount time the right track will move and the r will go out

14 Do not move lever until the return FNR to neutral light starts flashing

15When the FNR light starts flashing move the lever to nuetral

16 Move engine speed control to low idle

17 If FrFr are displayed the calibration was good if not repeat calibration

For this part of the calibration you will need alot of room the tractor will will need to travel both forward and reverse at high speed with out turning I would say you will need 200feet both directions if you have a ripper you can lift it off the ground and do this test or securly block the machine up in the air if you don't have lots of room

18Move speed lever to full throttle

19 Press hold the speed control switch up for 5 seconds to ensure max speed is set

20Hold down decelerator pedal move lever to forward slowly release the declerator both of the F's will go out when each track reaches maximum speed depress the decelerator move lever to neutral

21Move the lever to revers and slowly release the decelerator both of the r" will go out when maximum speed is reached

22Depress the decelerator and shift to neutral move engine speed control to neutral

23Press CAL on the TCU once if 1111 shows Calibration was GOOD if not repeat

I hope you find this information helpful. Reply back with the results of these checks if any further help is needed. It is a pleasure to help anyway I can.