Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

My ZX 350 lc-3 is showing a code to check alternator. Wires…

Customer Question
My ZX 350 lc-3...

My ZX 350 lc-3 is showing a code to check alternator. Wires seem to be intact. Will turn over won't fire. I did jar it a bit right before it died but it did run for aprox. 30 seconds before it died

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Model zx350 lc3 serial number ff1v7q050507

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Answered in 1 day by:
1/27/2021
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 1 year ago
Dan, Technician

Hi, My name is***** will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here. Professionals are not employees of the site but users of the site and help on here as time allows depending on their daily schedule. Start by testing your batteries independently with a digital battery tester for possible bad cells or other internal problems and confirm that the batteries are functioning within their rated capacity. Also test your batteries with a carbon pile load tester to confirm that they pass a load test. Thoroughly inspect your battery terminals and connections between your batteries and starter assembly, including all grounds for any type of corrosion or damage that would cause a poor connection. Use a voltage tester to test for voltage at your batteries with both the engine off and engine running to compare the differences. Test the alternator output at the rear of the alternator as well.You should expect to see 13.5 V to 14.8 V with the engine running at the batteries and at the rear of the alternator. Thoroughly inspect the wiring and connector pins going to your alternator for any type of corrosion or damage that would cause a short or open circuit.Check your engine speed sensor wiring and connector pins as well as a loss of engine speed sensor signal can cause a crank no start. Verify there are no leaks or restrictions between the fuel tank and fuel pump as well causing a loss of fuel supply or fuel prime to the engine. I hope you find this information helpful. Reply back with the results of these checks if any further help is needed. It is a pleasure to help anyway I can.