Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Have a bobcat s863H skid steer. At startup, at first the…

Customer Question
Have a bobcat s863H...

Have a bobcat s863H skid steer. At startup, at first the lift arms and bucket tilt do not operate. After warming up and increasing engine rpm, the lift arms and bucket tilt work OK, but the bucket claws didn't go up or down.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Jus a moment

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Construction Mechanic to know before I connect you?

S863H ###-##-#### After warming up about 10 minutes, only one claw went up, but wouldn't hold and gradually dropped down. Eventually both claws went up and down, but neither would stay up Can I check the auxiliary pressure at the quick connects? what psi should it read? Thx

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
1/26/2021
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 1 year ago
Dan, Technician

Hi, My name is***** will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here. Professionals are not employees of the site but users of the site and help on here as time allows depending on their daily schedule.You should expect to see 2950-3050 PSI (20340-21030 kPa) at front quick couplers. I would first check for any signs of potential hydraulic pump and component failure existing within your hydraulic system as you will not want to contaminate any test gauges. Remove your hydraulic filter and inspected internally for fine metal that looks like glitter in the oil and filter that would confirm a pump or component failure existing. If this is clean, it would be a good idea to have your flows and pressures tested on the machine since you are experiencing problems with multiple functions. Also check for any potential problems with your pump drive coupling between your engine and hydraulic pump assemblies. Thoroughly inspect your control valve spools and your relief valve cartridges for any debris, damage, or damaged O-rings that would cause them to malfunction or bypass pressure. Reply back with the results of these checks if any further help is needed. Hope you find this information helpful and it's a pleasure to help anyway I can.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks for the info and procedures Dan. Steve
You're very welcome Steve.