Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

On a 580ck, shuttle clutch pressure goes to 0 forward and…

Customer Question
On a 580ck, shuttle...

On a 580ck, shuttle clutch pressure goes to 0 forward and reverse, got pressure in neutral. Is it a bad pump or shuttle cutches?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Case 580 ck. Serial #(###) ###-####

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. Shuttle valves are ok

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
1/16/2021
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 1 year ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hello! Let's see if we can work together and come to a satisfactory conclusion!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok

Does it have the declutch function? The declutch redirects the clutch pressure and F/R gets no fluid. Check the declutch switches and the valve.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
How do I know if it has the declutch function?No declutch button just clutch pedal

No declutch on gear shift or hydraulic lever?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
NoThe backhoe will move forward and back at first but once you work it, it won't move.

Fluid level ok? What is the pressure? 200 lbs? Does it drop when warm? It must be getting pressure to the clutches, or tractor would not move,

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Fluid level ok. Pressure is 150 when in neutral. Forward and reverse pressure is 0, and that is with warm oil. Drops when warm.

Pressure is low, but you show nothing on forward or reverse? Seems odd that both would go at the same time.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Correct

Does the transmission drop out of gear when you press the brake?