Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a cat 325c that won't swing. Model 325c. Serial

I have a cat...

I have a cat 325c that won't swing

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Model 325c. Serial cat0325cjcrb00948

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes iv changed the chassis harness due to extensive corrosion

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Construction Mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's it

Answered in 1 hour by:
1/16/2021
Mechanic: catmastertech, Technician replied 1 year ago
catmastertech
catmastertech, Technician

Hey, sorry to hear you are having these problems. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get you back to work quickly. I see no one could help you earlier, and I hope this is not too late to be helpful. Please note that I am not set up for phone calls, you can ignore the site pop-ups. We can post to this chat as much as you like to work through this issue. All experts are not employees, and we work from home in our spare time to answer questions.

---

Have you tried using the backup mode switch to see if it will release the brake?

Does your two speed travel work?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The bypass switch or the swing lock switch does not bypass itI'm not sure about the high travel but the low speed worksWhen I attempt to swing it auto revs and the lines on the swing motor flex but the swing lock won't disengage

The swing brake solenoid and the travel solenoid are next to each other, is it possible the wires are crossed?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Possible where are they located
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'll try that Monday I left the jobsite for the weekend

Ok, thanks.

---

Thank you for using JustAnswer, if you do need further help please let me know.

If you are satisfied with my service, please take a moment to provide a rating.

Thanks again, Don

CATMASTERTECH

catmastertech
catmastertech, Technician