Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

We have a307 cat ex. when we parked all was fine with boom…

We have a307 cat...

We have a307 cat ex. when we parked all was fine with boom and swing . Pulled 1 blade lift ram and rebuilt as well as seat and recovered. When checking blade lift ram after reseal found swing no longer working all other boom and track functions work. there is no seat sensor and can't find a lock switch or fuse of any kind. When we try to swing can hear hydraulics strain but not hard. Do not have scmatic to locate lines or solenoids.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

307 cat excavator pin / 2PM00144 /(###) ###-#### eng 4032 / S# *****

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Equipment Mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of

1/5/2021
Mechanic: catmastertech, Technician replied 1 year ago
catmastertech
catmastertech, Technician

Do you have a backup mode switch in the consoles?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
no not to my knowledge

I am sorry, I am not set up for phone calls. Please ignore the site pop-ups, they are site generated and I do not have any control over them. If you would prefer to talk to someone, I will OPT-OUT of this question and let other experts help you.
We can post to this chat as much as you like to work through this issue. Experts are not employees, we work in our spare time to answer questions.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
My main question is location of solenoid or switch that I can check in morning to see if i have power. Or is there some thing we might have turned or bumped? I have no manuals or operating man.

Ok, thanks.

This machine does not have any electrical control for the Swing brake system. It is all hydraulic control and built into the swing motor.

I am looking for anything that might be relate but, it looks like this is a pressure issue in the swing motor.

The older 307's like this one don't have and ECM controller either.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Is there a manual lock pin like on the older ex for transport?

No, none that I can find. If it did, it would be a rod to manually lift the pin and move it to the locked position. This would be under the right console. A large plate would also be welded to the undercarriage frame for the pin to engage.

Off Position

Activation of any controls other than travel blocks pilot passage (24) and causes the pilot oil pressure in the passage to increase. The pilot oil pressure in pilot passage (25) and pilot line (29) also increases. The pressure increase in pilot line (29) causes spool (5) to shift. This allows the pilot oil from line (32) to passage (3). The pilot oil pressure overcomes the force of the swing brake spring causing swing parking brake (2) to release.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I didn't see anything when I looked .I well dig into this more tomorrow. Thanks for your input. Let me know if you have any more ideas or suggestions. Thank you.

I can't think of anything that would happen by repair of the blade unless a line was pinched.

Otherwise an internal leak that keeps the pilot pressure too low to release the brake could also cause this.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I well double check and do some more line tracing tomorrow. also locate and check psi.

I just looked for any service magazines that relate to swing problems and did not find any reported problems.

Please let me know if you find anything you need further assistance troubleshooting.

---

Thank you for using JustAnswer, if you do need further help please let me know.

If you are satisfied with my service, please take a moment to provide a rating.

Thanks again, Don

CATMASTERTECH

catmastertech
catmastertech, Technician