Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

My JD 310 SG backhoe starts well but after a few minutes…

Customer Question
My JD 310 SG...

My JD 310 SG backhoe starts well but after a few minutes starts surging which when working bogs down and engine stops running. I have repaired the main fuel pump and replaced the supply pump on the other side of the tractor but it still surges the same. What else should I check?

Mechanic's Assistant: The Expert will know what to do. Is there anything else the Expert should be aware of?

Yes, it seems that the electricity flow to the main pump is not constant because mechanics tells me that he checked the electrical flow from the fuse box and that it is not constant!

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/2/2021
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 1 year ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hello! Let's see if we can work together and come to a satisfactory conclusion!

Run a jumper wire direct to the fuel solenoid from a positive battery source, then run a test to see if the engine will continue. If it does, then locate the fuel solenoid relay and replace it.