Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a 580 super L case backhoe. it stopped driving. we…

Hi Dan, I have a 580...
Hi Dan,
I have a 580 super L case backhoe. it stopped driving. we took the transmition down and found the tabs broken that shaft out of the torque inverter turns. we changed the pump put it together and it still did not solve the problem. What should I try next
12/24/2020
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 1 year ago
Dan, Technician

Hi, My name is***** will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here, Give me some time to review your information and follow up with my responses. Professionals are not employees of the site but users of the site and help on here as time allows in between jobs, family,etc. Response time can vary depending on my work load each day but I will always respond back on my next available login. Feel free to respond back at anytime if for any reason we seem to get separated,for status, etc.

What is your complete serial number?

Check to see if the backup alarm is working indicating you are getting power to solenoids on transmission control valve.If it tries to move, check for a snap ring broken in the modulator valve holding the valve open. If there is no movement at all and the alarm doesn't work, most likely the time delay relay (the tall relay at fuse and relay panel) has failed.If all of that checks out okay I recommend having your pressures tested and confirmed whether or not they check out with an oem specifications for your model and serial number service book. I hope you find this information helpful. Reply back with the results of these checks if any further help is needed. It is a pleasure to help anyway I can.

Dan, Technician
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Is that modulator valve the forward reverse solenoid on top of the transmition? and were is that snap ring that could be broken?

The modulator valve is in the control valve of the transmission. You would inspect the complete valve for any damage or debris as well as any potential problems with your spools or other components such as a failed snap ring.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi Dan, I have a 140 WB Komatsu backhoe I would like to know the hydraulic pressures. I have been getting around 2000 PSI
You will need to open up a new request for your Komatsu on the website since it is unrelated to your case question.