Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a wb 140. all works fine and has power, but the is…

I have a wb...

I have a wb 140. all works fine and has power, but the hoe is slow and you can only do one movement at a time. what can I check or ujust

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Its a Komatsu wb 140 backhoe. I do not have the serial number handy

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Construction Mechanic to know before I connect you?

No that is it

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Can we chat by text?
12/11/2020
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 1 year ago
Dan, Technician

Hi, My name is***** will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here, Give me some time to review your information and follow up with my responses. Professionals are not employees of the site but users of the site and help on here as time allows in between jobs, family,etc. Response time can vary depending on my work load each day but I will always respond back on my next available login. Feel free to respond back at anytime if for any reason we seem to get separated,for status, etc.

WB140 dash what? -2? What is the serial number?

If you are experiencing all functions running slow on the backhoe circuit, I would check inside your hydraulic filter for any fine metal or debris that looks like glitter indicating component or internal mechanical problems and verify your oil level as well. If all this is clean and checks out okay, you will want to have your pressures tested with mechanical test gauges in order to determine whether or not your pump output and your relief valve cartridges are functioning within specifications or if disassembly of your control valve and relief valve cartridges for inspection is going to be needed to look for any debris or damaged o-rings that would cause them to malfunction and bypass pressure. If your control valve looks okay, you could very well have a pump flow problem. All of this would be further determined based on the results of your pressure tests and inspection of your control valve components.I hope you find this information helpful and it's a pleasure to help anyway I can.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi Dan. thanks for your help. i will check pressures as next step. Wilson
Sounds good and you're very welcome.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have a 580 superL case backhoe. It stopped driving. What could be wrong?
You will need to open up a new question for your case backhoe. This thread is for your Komatsu 140.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Can i start it here?
No, you need to open up a new request per site policy. Professionals only get credited once per question thread a flat rate and the site likes to keep separate subject matter separated on the site.
Dan, Technician
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Okay