Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a bomang D-56154. Model Bw141 AD-2 / no 101490040317.

I have a bomang...

I have a bomang D-56154

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Model Bw141 AD-2 / no 101490040317

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

It works and everything it just won’t move like forward or reverse

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Construction Mechanic to know before I connect you?

That’s it basically won’t move

Answered in 1 day by:
12/11/2020
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 1 year ago
Dan, Technician

Hi, My name is***** will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here, Give me some time to review your information and follow up with my responses. Professionals are not employees of the site but users of the site and help on here as time allows in between jobs, family,etc. Response time can vary depending on my work load each day but I will always respond back on my next available login. Feel free to respond back at anytime if for any reason we seem to get separated,for status, etc.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok thanks if you can possibly just let me know why the bomag won’t move or what doesn’t allow it to move it would help a lot
The first things you want to check is all of your fuses and relays. If they check out okay you then want to check your parking brake switch to make sure your parking brake is functioning properly because it will prevent travel if it's not showing that the parking brake is released.thoroughly inspect the wiring and connector pins within that circuit as well as your forward and reverse control circuit. Check for any safety switches such as a seat safety switch and wiring as well. If everything with your electrical side of the system checks out okay,you could very well have a mechanical problem within your hydrostatic drive transmission.The next step would be to check inside your hydraulic filter for any fine metal or debris that looks like glitter in the oil and filter which would confirm a component failure or pump failure has occurred. If all of this is clean you will want to then have all your pressures and flows tested , then those results compared to the OEM specifications within your service book for your model and serial number machine. I hope you find this information helpful.
Dan, Technician
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks I’ll give it a shot now and do you happen to know where the parking break switch should be