Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Stop light and horn started going off. code 113 showed up,

Customer Question
Stop light and horn...

Stop light and horn started going off. code 113 showed up, machine still drives forward and reverse in all 3 gears, going forward in second and it shifted into 1st on its own. any ideas?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Cat 6m 3WN1059

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
12/1/2020
Mechanic: catmastertech, Technician replied 2 years ago
catmastertech
catmastertech, Technician

113 only means the numbers after it are from the transmission ECM.

It should have a 3- or 4-digit code with a decimal point or the letter F followed by 2 or 3 more digits.

Normally you will scroll through many codes when the monitor is in scroll mode. Make a note of the codes the show the words SERV CODE when the number is ***** on the screen. That is an ACTIVE code and means the code is currently present.

NOTE: you may need to run the machine to make the code active. Often when the key is turned off, active codes will become logged codes. Some special codes begin with the letter E and are EVENT codes.

Please record all the codes and the prefix (113, 030, 036 etc.) and post the list here so we can go through each one.

113, 0621.02. 0674.02. 0692.05. 0695.05. 0695.07. 0096.03. 0675.02. 0168.03. 0298.02.

Which ones were active?

all of them codes where up with the machine running and scrolling threw them

Then you have some serious electric issues. Here is the list.

113,

0621.02.

CID 0621 - Downshift Switch:

FMI 02 Data erratic, intermittent, or incorrect.

---

0674.02.

CID 0674 - Transmission Intermediate Speed 1 Sensor:

---

0692.05.

CID 0692 - Forward Clutch Solenoid Valve 2:

FMI 05 Current below normal or open circuit.

---

0695.05.

CID 0695 - Speed 1 Clutch Solenoid Valve 5:

---

0695.07.

FMI 07 Mechanical system not responding properly.

---

0096.03. Not a transmission code. Likely a 030 code from the monitor for the fuel gauge.

---

0675.02.

CID 0675 - Transmission Intermediate Speed 2 Sensor:

---

0168.03. Need to know which ECM posted this code 030 or 113.

CID 0168 - Electrical System:

FMI 03 Voltage above normal or shorted high.

---

0298.02. Need to know which ECM posted this code. 030 or 113.

If from 113 transmission it should be CID 0248 - Cat Data Link:

FIM 09 Abnormal update.

If from 030 monitor, then it is pointing the the Transmission ECM offline.

Looks like a chassis harness has failed with all the codes ACTIVE. (showing SERV CODE when it scrolls)

ok thank, ill look into it

On a normal machine, I only look at the ACTIVE codes (showing SERV CODE when the active code is in the screen) and then I check those items in the order they scroll.

If I had to guess your main issue is damaged wires to the Forward clutch solenoid and speed clutch 1 solenoid.

Glad to help.

Thank you for using JustAnswer, if you do need further help please let me know.

If you are satisfied with my service, please take a moment to provide a rating.

Thanks again, Don

CATMASTERTECH