Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a cat 299d2 and the tool lockout comes on, just

I have a cat...

I have a cat 299d2 and the tool lockout comes on, just wanted to know what I can do, I have been pushing the override and using it, just don't want to damage anything

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

*****************

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, I thought it worked before I cleaned everything up, now I have to push the override to get it to work,

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Equipment Mechanic to know before I connect you?

The rear camera doesn't come on always

11/29/2020
Mechanic: catmastertech, Technician replied 2 years ago
catmastertech
catmastertech, Technician

Hey, sorry to hear you are having these problems. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get you back to work quickly. I see no one could help you earlier, and I hope this is not too late to be helpful. Please note that I am not set up for phone calls, you can ignore the site pop-ups. We can post to this chat as much as you like to work through this issue. All experts are not employees, and we work from home in our spare time to answer questions.

---

I am not sure I understand your question. It is not common to use the hydraulic lockout except when traveling to prevent tool movement. Normally, the complaint is the work tool stops working and the parking brake switch must be pressed to turn it back on. This is often cause by a poor adjustment of the door switch. If the door is not closed fully, the safety interlock turns off the hydraulics to prevent damage to the door. If you remove the door, a bypass jumper plug is tie to the harness behind the seat. (See your OMM) You could install this jumper plug to see if the door switch is the issue. NOTE: Door will be damaged if it comes open during use!

The door switch could be the problem with the camera too. Some are set to come on when the brake is released and others can be set to be on all the time. Use the Advanced Display Menu to change your camera settings to see if you find one that works better for you.

Also, look in the diagnostic logs to see if it has recorded any fault codes for the machine controls. If it has, post the code numbers and info here and we can go over them.

---

Thank you for using JustAnswer, if you do need further help please let me know.

If you are satisfied with my service, please take a moment to provide a rating.

Thanks again, Don

CATMASTERTECH

I think it is something to do with the door, because it did work without overriding the switch before I cleaned the inside of the machineI believe it is the door, because it worked before I cleaned the interior

Ok thanks.

This is often cause by a poor adjustment of the door switch. If the door is not closed fully, the safety interlock turns off the hydraulics to prevent damage to the door. If you remove the door, a bypass jumper plug is tie to the harness behind the seat.

You can check the clearance of the magnet to the switch or try the jumper wire in place of the switch.

See image below.

catmastertech
catmastertech, Technician
How do you adjust the do door switch

Just loosen the mounts and try to move them closer. CAT does not have a specific procedure. the magnet needs to be close to the switch to activate it.