Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Was wondering if anyone has dealt with 2007 Mlt 25 mustang…

Customer Question
Was wondering if anyone...

Was wondering if anyone has dealt with 2007 Mlt 25 mustang skid steer track loader not wanting to move on the right side until its warm

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Mtl 25 ct

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Customer:(###) ###-####

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Equipment Mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yeah fixing myself and the only thing that I know they tried was they replaced the tracks the joystick and changed the Hydralic fluid and hydraulic filters

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
11/24/2020
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 1 year ago
Dan, Technician

Hi, My name is***** will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here, Give me some time to review your information and follow up with my responses. Professionals are not employees of the site but users of the site and help on here as time allows in between jobs, family,etc. Response time can vary depending on my work load each day but I will always respond back on my next available login. Feel free to respond back at anytime if for any reason we seem to get separated,for status, etc.

First, I'm going to go over what should have happened and then you can follow up with whether or not they went about this the same way. Check inside your hydraulic filters and your suction screen for any fine metal or debris that looks like glitter in the oil and filter which would confirm a pump or component failure existing within your hydraulic system. The purpose removing inspecting the filters is to look for this type of contamination that would confirm component failure. If they changed the oil and filters without doing this, it is possible that you just wasted a full system of new oil if in fact there is a component failure that exists and this type of contamination in the system. This could immediately contaminate your new oil if you do have a failure that needs to be addressed and a system that needs to be completely cleaned out and flushed before running a new pump or component. I recommend retrieving your old filter and inspecting it for this fine metal or debris that looks like glitter. If all of this is clean with 100% certainty, you will want to have your pressures and flows tested and confirmed to the OEM specifications of your model and serial number service book which is going to tell you whether or not your pump output flow and pressure is within specifications. If this checks out okay, you are then going to want to check for excessive case drain pressure within your drive Motors indicating excessive internal leakage and a drive motor that is in need of rebuild or replacement. You would push up the loading dock or equivalent to prevent travel while running a hose from the case drain port on the drive motor into an empty 5-gallon bucket. Slowly and engage travel and you should expect to see a very low volume and flow of oil from the case drain. If it comes out under high pressure or volume, that drive motor has excessive internal leakage.