Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have takeuchi 070 excavator and the bucket and swivel

Customer Question
I have takeuchi 070...

I have takeuchi 070 excavator and the bucket and swivel don,t work

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

It's about a 2008 model and is an 070

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

It was at an auction and when i tried it out the day before it worked fine. someone had to have messed with it. probably to lower the price but i baught it

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Equipment Mechanic to know before I connect you?

The engine runs fine and the blade works fine

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
11/23/2020
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 1 year ago
Dan, Technician

Hi, My name is***** will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here. Professionals are not employees of the site but users of the site and help on here as time allows in between jobs, family,etc. Response time can vary depending on my work load each day but I will always respond back on my next available login. Feel free to respond back at anytime if for any reason we seem to get separated,for status, etc.

If you have lost your swing and bucket functions but all other functions are working such as your, travel, boom, and your arm functions, I would check inside your control valve spools for any type of damage or debris as well as any damaged o rings as well, within your relief valve cartridges that would cause them to malfunction and bypass pressure. If there is no metal or debris, or any problems found within your control valves or relief valves, I recommend having your pressures tested and confirmed whether or not they are within OEM specifications for your model and serial number machine service book. This is going to help you further isolate whether or not there is a problem with your pumps, control valve, relief valve cartridge, or if there are any problems detected with any of the components in your functions such as a cylinder Bypass or other problem. One other thing to look for on some of these mini excavators are boom and arm potentiometers. These sensors if equipped, are there to prevent the operator from getting too close to the cab with the work equipment. Look for these sensors on your boom and stick as well as thoroughly inspecting the wiring harness and connector pins going to them if you have them on this machine. Check all of your fuses and relays as well. I hope you find this information helpful. It is a pleasure to help anyway I can.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have no boom travel or cabin rotation either.
What do you have for functions?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
let me explain the situation. this unit was at an auction. I checked it out two days before the auction and everything worked ok. when I started to load it hardly nothing worked. here are the things that are affected. the boom slowly travels a little bit. the cabin doesn't swivel. you can't increase throttle. the boom doesn't articulate. it has to be in my opinion something they did to it that affects those items. the tracks move a little slow but the blade works goodit is an 070 Takahashi about 12 years old

I would take a look at the hydraulic oil level and also inside your hydraulic filter to see if you find any traces of what looks like glitter in the oil and filter that would flag a pump failure and component failure existing. You never know with auction equipment when it comes to the history unfortunately. If multiple functions are affected it leans towards either a problem with the pump or within the control valve and relief valve cartridges which you will also want to inspect for any sign of metal or debris as well as any damage things that would cause them to malfunction.