Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

We have low hydrolic fluid in the bobcat skid steer we have…

Customer Question
We have low hydrolic...

We have low hydrolic fluid in the bobcat skid steer we have and we also ran out of fuel in the bobcat. When we crank the engine, white smoke comes out the top after we put more fuel in it. But then it immediately chokes out. What should we do?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Compact skid steer loader model s175 A3L520285 is the serial number

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Equipment Mechanic to know before I connect you?

No thats it

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
11/20/2020
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 2 years ago
Dan, Technician

Hi, My name is***** will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here, Give me some time to review your information and follow up with my responses. Professionals are not employees of the site but users of the site and help on here as time allows in between jobs, family,etc. Response time can vary depending on my work load each day but I will always respond back on my next available login. Feel free to respond back at anytime if for any reason we seem to get separated,for status, etc.

Okay great thank you.

I recommend topping off your hydraulic oil within operating range. As far as your crank no start from running out of fuel, it is likely that you have some air in your system. There should be a primer pump bulb between the fuel tank and fuel pump. You will need to Prime the hand pump in order to push the fuel into the filters and to the injection pump. There should be some bleeder screws on top of the filter housings as well two slightly loosen them in order to get fresh Fuel and force the air out. Once you get straight fuel to the tops of the housing, tighten the bleeder screw and then continue to pump until you feel some resistance on the primer pump. Then attempt to start the engine. If the engine still struggles to start, repeat the process but also loosen the injector lines slightly until you get straight fuel out of the injector lines while the engine is cranking. Tighten the injector lines and reprime the fuel primer pump again until you feel some resistance. Reply back with the results if you still have trouble starting this engine. It's a pleasure to help anyway I can.