Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a cat skid steer serial # FTL13840, need to know

I have a cat...

I have a cat skid steer serial # FTL13840, need to know which two wires to jump to activate the high flow

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Model 259d4f

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes it’s two wires that have to be jump together

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Equipment Mechanic to know before I connect you?

Ni no

11/19/2020
Mechanic: catmastertech, Technician replied 1 year ago
catmastertech
catmastertech, Technician

Hello, sorry to hear you are having these problems. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get you back to work quickly. I see no one could help you earlier, and I hope this is not too late to be helpful. Please note that I am not set up for phone calls, you can ignore the site pop-ups. We can post to this chat as much as you like to work through this issue. All experts are not employees, and we work from home in our spare time to answer questions.

---

Pin B is a ground. For XPS machines, jumper B to K. For XHP machines, jumper B to N.

Note: Some machines may need both N and K jumped to B.

---

Thank you for using JustAnswer, if you do need further help please let me know.

If you are satisfied with my service, please take a moment to provide a rating.

Thanks again, Don

CATMASTERTECH

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What coloor are the wires, would you have a wiring schematicPlug assembly not there and only the 9 wires

Are you saying the connector on the end of the loader arms is not present?

Is this machine equipped with high flow? Is it XPS or XHP version?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It’s a CAT259d4f two speed high flow, S/n FTP13840, year 2017Correct connector at end of arm gone, purchased liked this. Replaced couple fuses because wires were being grounded out

Ok, thanks. I don't work on many of these but, several are in my area.

The ground is a black wire marked 200, the K wire is Blue, marked C460.

The N wire is Green and marked C481.

The black may not be in the next connector but connects to a frame stud in the left rear of the machine.

The blue wire should be in pin 7 and the green in pin 8 of the connector that goes to the end of the loader arm.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks for your time.The high flow indicator comes on with the control thumb rocker switch but does not give any flow.
The normal rocker switch rocking down activates the hydraulics and the flow in like always, then to get the high flow icon on rocker switch up and seems like it want to activate in reverse flow.

I am not sure I understand your question. Does it normally work in the up position and that uses the continuous flow to set it?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It operates with the rocker switch in the down position, hold it there for a couple of seconds get continuous flow.To get the high flow ikon flip rocker to up but doesn’t seem to do anything except putting high flow ikon on screen

Here are the details I found for High Flow.

When thumb wheel is moved, pilot oil is directed to the auxiliary circuit spool that is located in the control valve. Thumb wheel is a proportional switch. Move the thumb wheel slightly for a small amount of flow to the auxiliary couplings. Move the thumb wheel farther in order to obtain a higher flow to the auxiliary couplings. When a high flow work tool is detected by the ECM at the work tool electrical connector, and the thumbwheel is at 100% the switch will trigger the high flow mode giving maximum flow.

High Flow Mode
The ECM must detect the presence of a high flow work tool through the electrical connection on the loader arm in order to activate high flow mode. The ECM must also detect a position of the auxiliary thumbwheel at 100% in order to activate high flow mode. Under these conditions, the ECM will send an electrical signal to the pump control solenoid mounted on the two position piston pump (work tool) (6), which will shift the position of the swashplate from the standard flow angle to the high flow angle, effectively increasing the pump displacement.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you Mr. Don

You're welcome!

Thanks again, Don

CATMASTERTECH

catmastertech
catmastertech, Technician