Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Right steering clutch not working. D3b sn 45v38959

Customer Question
Right steering...

Right steering clutch not working

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

D3b sn 45v38959

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/11/2020
Mechanic: catmastertech, Technician replied 2 years ago
catmastertech
catmastertech, Technician

Hey, sorry to hear you are having these problems. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get you back to work quickly. I see no one could help you earlier, and I hope this is not too late to be helpful. Please note that I am not set up for phone calls, you can ignore the site pop-ups. We can post to this chat as much as you like to work through this issue. All experts are not employees, and we work from home in our spare time to answer questions.

Can you explain this problem in detail? Do you mean the right track won't pull? Or do you mean the right track won't release so you can make a right turn?

Do you have the machine serial number (PIN)? The number posted is the engine serial number.

Right steering clutch not workingPin 27y02396What more do you need

When you mash right steering clutch dozer goes straight

This could be a brake issue. If the pedal hits the firewall, the brake needs adjusting. Either pedal should be no more than one inch from the firewall for proper brake use.

The adjuster is reached through a hole on each side of the seat and can be tighten with a 9/16" socket and a long extension. Tighten the adjuster screw and check the travel of the pedals. If you get it to 1/2" to 1" from the fire wall, that should get you turning again.

If the brakes are working and the machine stops but does not turn, that issue is the steering valve needs to be rebuilt. It has a small roller bearing on the end of the stem that rides against a cam lever to send pressure to the steering clutch slave cylinder and release the steering clutch to allow the tractor to make a turn.