Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Where is the location of a grease nipple to tighten tracks…

Customer Question
Where is the location...

Where is the location of a grease nipple to tighten tracks on a 215 cat excavator

Mechanic's Assistant: The Computer Expert will help you find that. Who makes the product you're working with?

Its a cat

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Mo

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
11/9/2020
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 2 years ago
Dan, Technician

Hi, My name is***** will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here, Give me some time to review your information and follow up with my responses. Professionals are not employees of the site but users of the site and help on here as time allows in between jobs, family,etc. Response time can vary depending on my work load each day but I will always respond back on my next available login. Feel free to respond back at anytime if for any reason we seem to get separated,for status, etc.

Sounds good! All I'm looking for is where to find the grease nipple to tighten the tracks on an 80s 215 cat excavator

Look at the side of the track frame for an open square hole. Your grease fitting for your track adjuster is going to be located inside. It is very possible that it might be covered with dirt so you may have to dig the dirt out. Reply back with the results of these checks and suggestions if any further help is needed. It is a pleasure to help any way I can.