Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I need to identify the used hammer I purchased. I need to…

Customer Question
I need to identify...

I need to identify the used hammer I purchased. I need to know for parts and if I can use it on a backhoe John deer 310 E. The color is yellow and these are the only numbers on it .

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Numbers are(###) ###-#### Q2 or O2. 4324. CH 2949

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Equipment Mechanic to know before I connect you?

The bit is between 2 5/8 and 2 3/4 thick

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
11/5/2020
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 2 years ago
Dan, Technician

Hi, My name is***** will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here. Professionals are not employees of the site but users of the site and help on here as time allows in between jobs, family,etc. Response time can vary depending on my work load each day but I will always respond back on my next available login. Feel free to respond back at anytime if for any reason we seem to get separated,for status, etc.

In order to identify the hammer you would need to know the brand name and the model of the hammer. The size of the bit and the color of the paint unfortunately means nothing when identifying a hammer. There are so many brands and models out on the market both past and present tense, that those numbers don't nothing unless you have a brand name for a starting point. There should be a tag and possibly some stamp numbers at the top of the hammer. If you upload some photos it may be helpful as well for further identification but there's no guarantees. But that is what you are going to have to do in order to try to identify this hammer. It is normally customary to know all this information before purchasing an expensive item such as a hydraulic hammer.Also, once the hammer is identified, then you can figure out whether or not it meets the specs of your machine. You will need to find out if your machine is already plumbed for a hammer on the auxiliary hydraulics. A technician is also going to have to set up that hydraulic circuit to make sure that your flows and pressures are set to meet the specs of the hammer and if your machine is suitable enough for the size Hammer you choose to install. The other thing is to determine whether or not the mounting plate will mount onto your machine and if there is a mounting plate available for your machine with the proper pin and bushing size without having to perform any modifications.

Reply back with the results of these checks and suggestions if any further help is needed. It is a pleasure to help any way I can

If I had the information you asked for I wouldn't need your help ... I gave you the info on the hammer to help identify what model and specs for this atlas copco yellow hammer.
It's as if you didn't read what I text you .
Could you take some photos of the hammer so I can see what vintage it may be.There should be an attachment paper clip on your side of your text screen to upload photos.
Sure ... did you get the numbers I texted that are on the hammer ?
Are you trying to run a handheld Hammer off of the hydraulics of the machine or is this a hammer you want to mount in place of the bucket on the rear of the machine? Can you please upload some photos?

They have a line of handheld run off off a pump or aux hydraulics as well so I want to know if this is a machine mounted or hand held.

https://www.atlascopco.com/en-us/construction-equipment/products/handheld/hammers/hydraulic-hammers

Mounted on boom. It's a 310 e JDeere

Does it look like this series?

Click below for photos of the V series. this is also a parts vendor/re-builder as well.

https://hydraulicbreakerservices.com/used-hydraulic-breakers-hammers/atlas-copco-hydraulic-breakers-hammers/

No it's mounted with a wain Roy quick coupler.It's only 4' long
I don't know how to send the pictures I've taken.

That doesnt matter. I am asking if the hammer looks like any of these. They make different series. See how one is rounded and the other is more square. There should be a paperclicp icon to click on to upload your photos one at a time. You usually have to post something in text as well then send.

Did you get picture ?

Yes. That is an old one. I need to see what i can come up with on it.

I can pay you for the info if your reasonable . I'm also looking for the 10" wain Roy top for the hammer.

Click on this link. it looks like one of the SBU models.

https://brookstractor.com/atlas-copco-breakers/

I'd say it weights around 500 lbs but will any of the numbers off my hammer narrow it down to a specific model ?Can it be used on a backhoe ?

Im not an atlas dealer so can narrow it down with those numbers. I am a heavy equipment technician.

Thanks ����

You are welcome.

That was supposed to be can't. That is why I was looking for the model by photos to get the specs on the model. Then you can determine if it is the right size breaker for your machine.