Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a new holland lx885. Can not get no fuel to come out…

I have a new...

I have a new holland lx885. Can not get no fuel to come out of injector pump. Took out elec shut off and had fuel there. Tryed another shut off same thing. How does that plunger work power pulls it back. Could there be some thing stuck in back off pump not letting fuel out to injector lines?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Lx885 no emission motor 332t

11/1/2020
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 1 year ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hello! Let's see if we can work together and come to a satisfactory conclusion!

Do you have battery voltage to the fuel shutoff solenoid? If you do, the injector pump has failed. Assuming you have fuel to it.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
got power to shut off. shut off seams to be getting hot. take shut off out lots of fuel.

If no fuel to the injector high-pressure lines, the injection pump has an internal problem.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Machine was running and threw a rod. new block and rebuilt motor now fuel problem. does back of that pump turn by were lines come out? and can i take back part off were lines come out to see if gumed up or what? put 12volt pump on it good fuel except at injector lines.

The pump has to pressure the port, and the solenoid opens it. You could remove the plunger from the old solenoid and install it as a dummy, and if you still have no fuel, you may as well remove the pump for repair.

Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician