Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a cat th560b and it has no throttle response I

Customer Question
checked wiring and switch and...
I have a cat th560b and it has no throttle response I checked wiring and switch and everything checks out. I have no idea what to do next?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Answered in 1 hour by:
10/22/2020
Mechanic: catmastertech, Technician replied 2 years ago
catmastertech
catmastertech, Technician

Hello, thanks for requesting me.

The best place to start is to retrieve the fault codes from the ECM. If you do not have CAT ET, you can still view the codes from the dash.

Diagnostic codes can be displayed on the instrument panel. The codes can be viewed when the panel is in the service mode. To enter the service mode, begin with the key switch in the OFF position. Cycle the key switch three times within ten seconds. Then, leave the key in the ON position. The displays are used to show active diagnostic codes and logged diagnostic codes. The MID is shown on the left display. The CID and the FMI are shown on the right display. When a diagnostic code is active, the letter "A" is shown in the left display. When a diagnostic code is inactive, only the code is shown. Each code is shown for several seconds. Then, the display will show the next code. After all the codes are shown, "---" will appear. The display will then cycle through all the codes again. To exit the service mode, turn the key to the OFF position for five seconds.

Once you have retrieved the complete list of active and logged codes, post them here and we can go through them to see what the issue might be.

I can’t get it to go into service mode

It is tricky to get it in the mode. If you cannot get it to work, you may need a service technician with CAT ET program to retrieve them for you.

You have already tested the wires and the pedals so, that doesn't leave us anything else to check.