Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a Hyunday 235 excavator with a fault code HCNSPN:850.

Customer Question
I have a Hyunday...

I have a Hyunday 235 excavator with a fault code HCNSPN:850. FMI:2 Not sure what to do. The machine works fine but will nor swing

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Construction Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Thank you sir

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Checkers all the fuses, wiring connections

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Construction Mechanic to know before I connect you?

Machine works good only 2,600 hours on it First problem I ever had with it

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
10/21/2020
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 1 year ago
Dan, Technician

Hi, My name is***** will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here. Professionals are not employees of the site but users of the site and help on here as time allows in between jobs, family,etc. Response time can vary depending on my work load each day but I will always respond back on my next available login. Feel free to respond back at anytime if for any reason we seem to get separated,for status, etc.

Verify your hydraulic oil level is within operating range. Check your in tank return oil filter for any fine metal or debris that looks like glitter flagging internal mechanical problems or component failure existing within your hydraulic system. Check your swing lock function as there should be a switch for swing lock for proper operation. Be sure to test all fuses for power on both sides with the ignition switch on replacing any fuse with power only on one side. Swap your relays one at a time with a known good one for testing purposes. Check to see if the engine is loading when you try to swing and if the swing motor hoses are flexing indicating it is trying to swing but will not. If this is the case it leans towards a potential swing motor or swing gearbox failure. Check the oil level in your swing gear box to make sure there is oil in it as well as check your swing cavity grease to make sure it is not saturated with oil indicating that the swing gearbox pinion seal and bearing has failed filling your swing cavity with oil. If you look under the base of your boom where your boom pin mounts the bump there should be a small inspection cover where you can remove that cover to check the grease. If all of this checks good, disconnect the hoses going to your swing motor to look for fine metal within the hydraulic ports going to the swing motor confirming a component failure existing. Check your crossover relief valve cartridges for any damaged o'rings or debris as well. At the top of your swing motor there is a clutch pack for your swing brake. Verify whether or not the swing brake solenoid is functioning to release the brake in order to allow swing function. There should be pressure going to the top of the Swing motor in order to release that small clutch pack for swing. It will also not be a bad idea to have your pressures tested and confirmed whether or not they are within OEM specifications for your model and serial number service book.

Reply back with the results of these checks and suggestions if any further help is needed. It is a pleasure to help any way I can.