Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a high track skid steer tl150 track jumped over and…

i have a high track...
i have a high track skid steer tl150 track jumped over and is jammed took grease fitting out tried to puss back idler tension stays there used another machine to push in it goes in but it comes back out and puts tension on so i cant get track off or back on the teeth
10/16/2020
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 2 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hello! Let's see if we can work together and come to a satisfactory conclusion!

Use a chain to hold it retraced, or put a come along on it, and retract it!

I've tried that also it wont pull back enough
I've tried almost everything I can think of I've used the backhoe pulling the idle towards the machine long will 3 ton come along stretched out to the max it's just not pulling far enough and it has jumped all the teeth so the track is Against the Machine and I can't get it loose enough to get it off I don't know how else I could get it off or how that idler works

Last resort, take the idler off, straighten the track, and reinstall the idler.

I can't take the idler off everything is jammed up if I push the idler in to get the tension off I still can't get everything off the track is still too tight to move how else well how far should The Idler push in

About 4 inches.

What other way is there to take the tension off The Idler

There is no base on the tension cylinder, typically on the rubber-tracked units, the idler is held back and the track is jumped back on with a bar and turning the track to roll it back on.

What would keep the tension on the idler pulley if the grease fitting is out and I just got I can't pull it back unless I use a come along or another machine but if I use another machine I'm holding the track and I can't pull it back far enough could something be jammed behind it but doesn't go back far enough

It has an internal spring, spring may be broken or jammed.

I'm trying not to cut the track off but it seems like my only option because I just can't get it far enough back

Can you raise the side of the machine, where you could put a block under the track, and let it down, to see if it will suck in the idler further??

It has the boogie wheels there I have it raised up my whole problem is the tension the whole track went over the sprockets and idle pullies and boogie wheels so I need it pushed in but it's not staying in

I would be taking off the boogie wheels and anything else I could, before cutting a track.

I'm not going to get boogie wheels off no room I think the only way I will get room is to take drive sprocket off is that difficult to do

Should be a bolt on sprocket. You could always remove the planetary cover and remove the planetary end with sprocket attached.??,

I've done one on a cat lull before a long time ago does it just unbolt or are there shims or something cant remember

They just unbolt!

Ok I'll try that this wee and let you know how I make out. If I get it off and take track off will the idle adjuster just slide out or unbolt so I can get at the spring to see what's going on

That should let you take the idler arm out to see why it will not fully retract.

Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician