Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Tractor backhoe stalls when I use backhoe and move around…

Tractor backhoe stalls when...

Tractor backhoe stalls when I use backhoe and move around too much

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Ok

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

I think it is the forward reverse pedal that when i use backhoe and move around the tractor keeps stalling. i play with pedal till it restarts.

10/13/2020
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 1 year ago
Dan, Technician
Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help you out with this. the first thing you want to check is for any leaks or restrictions between your fuel tank and fuel pump verifying that your fuel level is good as well as no contamination of fuel when you change your existing fuel filter and empty it into an existing clear container to look for contamination. If your fuel supply checks out good indicating that there is no starvation of fuel to the injection pump, check your air filter, air intake piping , as well as your turbocharger piping and turbo condition for any problems that would cause a loss of boost pressure as well. Verify you have full throttle response at high RPM stop and lower RPM. If there is no problems detected with the engine performance then you will want to check to see if there might be a mechanical problem either within the transmission or hydraulic system putting an excessive load on the engine causing it to stall. Look at both your transmission and hydraulic oil and filters for any dark or discolored oil as well as any burnt smell and fine metal or debris that would confirm internal mechanical problems that would require disassembly for further inspection or repair on the transmission but also a component replacement if found within the hydraulic system. It will look like glitter in the oil and filter if it is present. Thoroughly inspect your relief valve cartridges and control valve spools for any metal or debris as well as any damaged o-rings or other problems causing them to malfunction. if all of this checks out good you will want to have your pressures tested and confirmed they are within OEM specifications for your model and serial number machine service book.Reply back with the results of these checks if any further help is needed. It's a pleasure to help anyway I can.
Dan, Technician