Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Ng fuel to the secondary fuel filter. I’ll walk back down to…

Customer Question
Ng fuel to the...

Ng fuel to the secondary fuel filter

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Ok I’ll walk back down to my hoe and get back at u

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am. I loosened the valve on the secondary fuel filter and manuly pumped the fuel pump till fuel came out of the secondary filter

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Construction Mechanic to know before I connect you?

I just need to no how to make it start

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
9/29/2020
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 1 year ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hello! Let's see if we can work together and come to a satisfactory conclusion!

Have you gotten it started? Did you bleed the high-pressure fuel lines to the injectors while cranking?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No I haven't

You bleed up to the injection pump with the priming pump, and then loosen the high pressure lines and crank until you have fuel squirting, then tighten the lines and start the engine.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
U talkin bout up on the top of the Motor

Yes.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok so I cracked the injectors and was still not getting fuel to the injectors I can hear it going into the secondary filter but it did not come out the injectors

What does it have for a fuel shutoff solenoid? Is it opening???

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'm not sure what that is

Make and model?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
2003 cat 416d backhoe

Backhoe kills with the key, so on the injection pump s an electric solenoid, this solenoid as to open and close with the key for the fuel to be turned don and off. Do you see any electric solenood on the injection pump? Does it have 12 volts to it with the key on?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
U don't think it could the fuel filters

Not if you are getting fuel to the injection pump.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The manual pump only gets hard like 2/3 of the way down

Do you have the bleed valve open at the injection pump end?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No

You need to open the bleeder, and then pump the hand pump until all the air is out up to the injection pump. Then you bleed the high-pressure injection lines while cranking, with all the bleeders Closed.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok I'll try it

OK>

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Does this injection pump or whatever you speak of have a fuse that's connected to it somehow
(sent with Slam Effect)

The fuel solenoid has to have battery voltage, and it would have a fuse.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok ty Sir

Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok nothing is working

I think its time to find a local diesel mechanic!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What is the part # for the fuel injection shut off Silla Noyd